Saturday, July 4, 2009

It was a Fabulous Fourth!

And the reason it was a fabulous Fourth? Seeing it through these eyes.... And these eyes....And these eyes....And these too!It was a great day to wave a flag! Albeit a little warm! As in HOT!
We started the day early, bright and early, with team of 9 entitled "Grandma's Gang" to do the 5k CAT (cancer awareness and treatment) walk. We had so much fun and it is such a great cause we've decided to make it a yearly tradition.
Still smiling after a 5k walk in the sun. We actually had a great time!
And then the annual Happy Days parade. My Dad has used his old John Deere to pull many a float in the parade and this year he pulled our church float in the their first ever entry in the parade.



Our sweet, beautiful, wonderful, adorable (enough adjectives yet?) was part of the float crew. She has the parade wave down pat and a smile that I'm sure charmed more than a few. She was one tired girl after 2.5 miles in the hot sun on this float.



Still smiling though!



And after the parade there was the traditional BBQ with strawberries and ice cream for dessert!



I am so thankful to live in this country and though there are wrongs that need to be righted it is still a great country worthy of my patriotism and more importantly, my prayers. I am thankful for those that served to give me this freedom and those that are serving. I have 4 nephews currently in the military. One is headed to Iraq this week and one to Afghanistan in January. They are in my prayers. I am proud and thankful for all of them.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, and the kids all look so cute in the shirts, tops & dress....want to adopt me? LOL

    ReplyDelete