Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm beginning to really hate nap time

Not only are the kids not sleeping, which is forcing me to sit in here on the computer updating my blog when I should be sewing, or knitting, but now blogger won't let me upload more photos. Guess I'll give up while I can.
We went camping last week with our church family. We had a wonderful time, especially the little ones. Guess you could figure that out by this picture. This was pretty much the standard expression for the week. We kept them hopping, or rather, they kept up hopping. It took me two days to recover my sanity, err, my rest. We hiked with Great Gram. It was hiking at a 3 and 76 year old speed. Kind of like the tortise and the hare. Gram could meander, read the boards, stroll, like the tortise. The 3 and 4 year olds went up and back, round in circles, covering the same distance as Gram in the same time but covering that same distance at least 2 times, and usually 3 or 4 times.

She did get them to notice a youth on age plant.

We celebrated a little one turning 4 while we were there. She shared her cupcakes, well, all but one of them. She picked out the one she wanted and twisted the plate so no one would pick that one.




Lots of bike riding!


Fish riding too....sort of. It was the only way I could get a picture before the hike.




There was plenty of road for chalk art.



We had crafts for them to do when the bike wheels needed cooling down.



Lots of bike riding. I think I already said that but it bears repeating if nothing more than for the cute picture.



Of course there was a hot dog roast. And smores too but blogger was being a pain so I didn't get to upload those pictures.

Ahhhh, they are all asleep and my afternoon can be as peaceful as this scene. I would have liked to have brought this home with me and put it in my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment