Friday, January 7, 2011

I love swaps!

Well, ok, I love swaps in the Itty Bitty group on ravelry which is the only group I've swapped with thus far. The swaps in this group have a theme and an unknown swap partner until the package comes and then all is revealed. There is room for interpretation for most of the package with one constant. The last swap had to have a knit snowman hat from Itty Bitty Hats or the Santa from Itty Bitty Toys. I asked to have the snowman hat for Miss S since I did not have the time to get hers done last winter. It arrived today and snow is predicted for this week-Perfect timing! My swap parter knit this from Caron that was an acrylic/wool blend. It is incredibly soft and washable! It fits perfectly!
This was what was in my package! As I said, other than the one constant, the rest of the package is left open to the swap partner's choice. There is a questionaire in the group to fill out so your partner can match the package to the swap partner. I had put that I would like to try some malabrigo yarn and there was some beautiful purplish/blue Malabrigo worsted. A scarf or hat perhaps given it is winter and this yarn is sooooo soft!

Most of the packages include some chocolate. We are women after all :-)



I also resolved to read more this year and the package had a book I'm anxious to try.

The package had this cute Santa bag. One of my resolutions this year was to knit for one grandchild per month something for Christmas 2011. I think the Christmas/grandmunchkin project of the month is going in this bag as a reminder to keep knitting! I hope the project of the month reminds me to pray specifically for that grandmunchkin throughout the month as well.
The hat is beautifully knit, very soft, and washable!


That was a fun swap and I'm already looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment