Thursday, April 7, 2011

A shout out for swaps!

Swaps with the Itty Bitty Group on ravelry are THE.BEST! It's a great group of women outside of the swaps. Genuinely caring about others in the group, open arms to new people, prayers for those in the group hurting, lots of virtual hugs, and wonderful knitters/crocheters. But add the swap dimension and you add fun to the group as well as lots of chatter. I went to church and came home to find 86 posts in the new swap thread! Our latest swap just finishing up was an Easter swap. My swap partner packed a box with my grandmunchkins in mind so there was candy and bubbles and a toy and bunny ears to name a few things. The package had to include one hand made element but not neccesarily knitting since it was a fast swap. My partner included a hand made hand towel. But it is so cute I think I'm going to use it for a table runner on Easter. She had stitched the facial elements. Beautifully done!
Hard to beat this little bunny for cuteness.
Here is the whole package. A kit to make a bunny or chick also had to be included and there was Spud and Chloe to make the hen and chicks in the new Spud and Chloe farm book. I love Spud and Chloe yarn and the book is adorable. Hmmmm, might squeeze that in knitting bag for something fun to knit on the plane.
My package went out yesterday. Included was this bunny hat from Itty Bitty Hats for my swap partner's new granddaughter. That would be knit number 7. Doesn't sound like much for 4 months but there are 4 projects on the needles that will bump up the number. As well there was a lot of sewing and scrapbooking the first of the year so there was little knitting time. More details on the hat on my ravelry page.

2 comments:

  1. The picture of J in the ears made me laugh! She looks soooo happy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that hat and towel are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete