Wednesday, April 3, 2013

This is a hero

This is Stacey.  She is our niece, married to my husband's nephew.  She is a wonderful wife and the Mommy to 5 beautiful children.  Just over a year ago she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in her lungs and back.  It moved into her brain.  She has fought, her husband has been with her every step of that fight.  Chemo, 3 brain surgeries, radiation.  This past weekend the doctors told her there was nothing more they could do.  They gave her 2 days to 2 weeks.  This is what a hero looks like. A hero like Daniel or David or Shadrach, Meshach and Abendigo. Fighting a battle that is insurmountable in your own strength and relying on God's hand to carry you through and not losing faith when God's plan isn't yours. We were so blessed by their testimony and their faith in the midst of their pain, physically and emotionally.

When we lost our son, God gave me a song that ran through my head over and over and over and we later used it in his memorial service.  It brought comfort at the time, it now brings pain.  God gave me a song when we heard Stacey had no options left.  It has been going through my head and my husband's.  Throughout the day one of us will be heard singing it. 


Aaron Shust - My Savior My God Lyrics


I am not skilled to understand

What God has willed, what God has planned

I only know at His right hand

Stands One who is my Savior

I take Him at His word and deed

Christ died to save me, this I read

And in my heart I find a need

Of Him to be my Savior

That He would leave His place on high

And come for sinful man to die

You count it strange so once did I

Before I met my Savior



My Savior loves, my Savior lives

My Savior's always there for me

My God He was, my God He is

My God He's always gonna be


Yes, living, dying, let me bring

My strength, my solace from this spring

That He who lives to be my King

Once died to be my Savior
That He would leave His place on high

And come for sinful man to die

You count it strange so once did I

Before I knew my Savior


My Savior loves, my Savior lives

My Savior's always there for me

My God He was, my God He is

My God He's always gonna be



Stacey knows Jesus as her Lord and Savior.  When she leaves this earth she will be accepted into heaven and I'm sure she'll be met with "well done good and faithful servant".  But her family is going to have such a tragic loss.  Please keep them in your prayers. 





2 comments:

  1. As you say, she is a true hero. You are all in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debby, I cry with you. If not for our faith where would we be today? My prayers for Stacey's family. Knowing she will soon me resting in the arms of Jesus is a comfort but knowing her children will grow up without a mommy hurts so deeply.
    The song Turn your eyes upon Jesus is going through my mind right now. It says so much.

    ReplyDelete