Friday, September 26, 2014

Giving it a rest

The sewing machine that is.  I think I've finished all the sewing I'm going to do for the swap packages and a bit of fall sewing for our table as well.  Just a few simple table runners.  Quilting at it's simplest.  Cleaning out the bits of pieces of fabric as well.                          

This one is staying home.  I saw the pattern on pininterest but the lady wasn't selling the pattern, just the finished table runner so I made it up.  I purchased a green jelly roll, a fat quarter packet of Christmas fabric, and a fat quarter packet of orange and yellows.  I also purchased several fall remnants and one crib quilt batting.  Using those purchases and the stash I had, I got 4 table runners.  I didn't divide it out but I think the cost was about $10 per runner.  Maybe a bit more.

This is the Blue McCaw pattern I test knit for Elena Nodel.  Oh my, I love this pattern.  It was so much fun to knit.  The lace pattern was easily read and memorized but enough to hold my attention.  The yarn is also from Elena.  Her yarn is my hands down favorite.  Her colors are so intense and vibrant.  This yarn is Opulent in Girly Fun Sock.  I knit this sweater basically twice.  The first time I knit it I did not use 2 skeins and change skeins every two rows.  The pooling was evident and I knew I couldn't live with it so I ripped back and alternated skeins.  I am thrilled with the results.




The other fall table runner is going out tomorrow to a fellow Itty Bitty friend.  There is a fall swap going on in the Itty Bitty group.  One handmade item for fall and a card.  Nothing more.  It's called a mini swap.  I received my swap package yesterday.  It was from Nicky and is a beautiful bookmark!  The postcard with the yarn has a recipe for Corn Pudding.  Sounds worth trying.
Happy Fall y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment