Friday, February 27, 2009

been busy!

I'm back into my knitting and crocheting after finishing the marathon scrapbooking. However, I just ordered the pictures from January and February and our zoo trip today so I'll be back in the scrapbooking mode soon.
But for now, I'm reading, crocheting, and knitting. My son is getting married in June and I wanted a shawl to wear. Something lacy, something in the purple tones that the wedding colors are going to be. My daughter, who is also a crocheter, found this pattern. And, although I promised myself to use up the yarn I had on hand, I didn't have the right purple and a special occasion such as a son's wedding seemed like a good excuse, err reason, to head for the LYS and throw the diet, yarn diet, out the window. I was good, and came home with only the yarn for the shawl. It's Fiddlesticks Merino wool and silk. A little stiff to work with but I think it will soften after blocking.
The pattern is from Interweave Crochet. There is a CAL on ravelry that I joined. Those that went ahead of me stated that the pattern is a bit of a mental challenge at first but once you get into it the pattern flows. They were right. I'm on row 22 and it is now intuitive as to what comes next.
I also finished my FIRST ever sock, for me. I knit a baby sock some time ago but never a sock for me. I can see why they are so addictive! Fun to knit and it feels oh so good on. I'm casting on for the second tonight...maybe.... We have three grandmunchkins spending the day and night so I may settle tonight for a book and a latte.


It fits well. It's knit from Reggio Exclusive and the pattern is from Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd. A great hand holder for a first time sock knitter. I think I'm addicted!


As I said, we've got the grandmunchkins for today and tonight so stay tuned for really cute pictures of Grandpa teaching the little ones to blow bubbles!


1 comment:

  1. OH, You drank the sock Koolaide LOL
    The are so addicting! So warm and comfy too. You did a great job! I'm trying 2 at once as mine alllways come out differnt sizes...

    ReplyDelete