Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ahoy-there be mermaids!

There's a 3 year old birthday party on the horizon. We have super heroes and now, we have mermaids! I have to give credit where credit is due. My niece just had a birthday party for her 4 year old daughter and the theme was mermaids. Her mother in law designed and made mermaid cover ups for all the little guests. I asked how she did it and she sent me drawings, pictures, and detailed instructions. I love it when crafters are willing to share so generously. My mermaid cover ups are different than hers because I was working strictly from stash. But hey, free is a very good price and stash busting is the coupon in the price! Here is the soon to be birthday girl modeling her mermaid cover up. The waist is a bit much, as is the ruffle, for such a little girl so I'd change that if I did it over. But she loved it. And, to our surprise, she picked the one with the white ruffle. Possibly because it has sparkles in it that you can't see in the picture. The fin has sparkles too.
Here are the 4 completed mermaid outfits for the 4 little girls to be at the party. All granddaughters too which made it even more fun to sew them.

The party is going to be at a city park with a fountain for kids to play in so cover ups are a perfect addition to the party. Pictures of kids in cover ups will follow in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment