Wednesday, October 5, 2011

So how much fun can you have in the fall?

Apparently quite a bit if the pictures of the pumpkin patch outing are any judge. We've gone to the pumpkin patch as a family the last couple of years. Breakfast casserole, load up the cars, do the corn maze, pick the pumpkins, explore whatever else is available there, lunch, and head home. One of my favorite times of year. One of my favorite family events. Really, they were having fun. Perhaps tired of the photo session, perhaps a little hungry, but really, having fun!

Ahhh, that face describes the event a little better. Or does it?




Notice the 15 year old in the back. Chalk this one up because we actually had all 9 grandmunchkins there! That was really the icing on the cake. And this isn't your typical 15 year old with the little ones. He is really good with them and seems to enjoy being around them!




Sigh....there are no words. Unlike my grandmunchkins, my munchkins definitely are tired of my camera. This is there idea of giving me a good picture...sigh again.....perhaps blackmail in later years?



News flash...seriously, a man asking for directions! We were hopelessly lost in the corn maze and made it out to where we started but we were trying to find the middle. We never did find it but it wasn't because someone didn't ask for directions!




And after all the fun, I finished my 17th knit for 2011! And knits 18, 19, and 20 are on the needles! This was a test knit for the barbarian horde, an Australian designer. I can see myself making more of these...Valentine's Day? In reds or pinks. More details and a link to the pattern on my ravelry page.







2 comments:

  1. I love the pattern. Will be excited to see it available. At least three grands here that would enjoy it.
    Looks like a fun day at the P.Patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - pumpkin patch day is one of my absolute favorite days of the year! And if your corn maze is big enough to ask for directions it must be MUCH bigger than ours!!!

    ReplyDelete