Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I sort of have nothing

Nothing much in the way of finished projects, sewing, knitting, crocheting, or scrapbooking. Lots in the works but nothing to show. Except this: I get to laugh everyday with this kind of entertainment. You can't pay for entertainment like this.
I did have one knitting project I forgot to post. This is the fairy from the Holiday 2011 Knit Simple Magazine. The designer is non other than toy knitter extrodinaire Susan B Anderson. I knit the fairy for the latest swap in our Itty Bitty group on ravelry, Frogs and Fairies. The swap must list was to knit either the frog or fairy and include the kit for the other. I chose to knit the fairy and send along the kit for the frog, as well as the other "normal" goodies. Another swap has started, for Easter so the hunt and knitting are on. I can't seem to say no to swaps. They are so much fun, reminiscent of the secret sister exchanges in church. Details on my ravelry page but a quick note about the yarn I used. It's Red Heart! Their new sock yarn. I wanted glitter and it had glitter and sparkle and it's wool, a total win. Even the Knit Picks Glimmer didn't have as much sparkle.


Other than that it's been a party around here! My sister found a party kit at Goodwill and though the grandmunchkins needed it. She didn't supply Excedrin with it. (wink)



There have been creative endeavors. We learned about color in school. Starting with the primary colors and then mixing them to get secondary colors.



It was painting and it was color so a total win.

More celebration.




There was a trip to the duck pond and they made enough noise to rival any New Year's party.



And a sedate trip to the library.


And there was the celebration when a contestant was picked to "go to Hollywood". This is the panel of judges that decided the singing contestants fate. I didn't snap a shot of the happy contestant after the judges deemed him worthy of a trip to Hollywood. I couldn't have snapped a shot if I had wanted with all the jumping and hands in the air and shouting and twirling!


Ahhhh, a quiet moment. A concentrated moment. There are moments through out the day but rarely when the camera is available. So I store them in my memory banks and pull them out when I need a smile.


So, not much knitting or sewing but lots of things accomplished. They are reading now and finished the kindergarten level, learning about animals in science, adding and subtracting, getting ready to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday, know their days of the week, seasons, months of the year, and so much more so my days are not idle and since I am doing other things my daughter is still knitting and crocheting for charity for me. And I have another volunteer to charity knit. I just have to sit down and teach her.

No comments:

Post a Comment