Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bring on Easter!

Well, after we celebrated St. Patrick's Day.  Just one of the "crafts" we did in conjunction with the week leading up to the Irish day of celebration.  We also read books on Ireland, found it on the map, talked about what they grew there, and researched St. Patrick.  I learned more than a few things.  And so did they.

 The "rainbows with the pot of gold" were on pininterest.  Also called the new addiction.  Several great recipes, knitting patterns, decorating, and crafts I've already "pinned" and tried.  If you aren't on there, don't stop, go!
 We're finishing up another swap in the Itty Bitty group.  This one was Easter!  We had our choice of making one of Susan's toys for our swap partner:  the lamb, the chicken, the rabbit, Hop.  My swap partner made me Phoebe (aka Spud).  I was blown away by how cute it is and the detail and beautiful knitting.
 These are the rest of my goodies.  Lorna's Laces and Spud and Chloe...squeeee!  Chocolate!  And the knitting bag is wonderful!  Some wonderful fabric, hippos with a coordinating piece.  A quilt pattern, a frog pen, a quilting diva pen, and some cucumber/melon lotion.  I was throughly spoiled!

 I've had this Easter fabric sitting around for years.  Really.  Years.  And I finally found the project to use it!  Twirly skirts for two little girls.  The fabric was given to me, as was the trim, and underskirt.  So total cost was an hour of time and $1 of elastic.  But the smiles, giggles, and twirls were priceless!



And another knitting project!  On it's way to Texas for my swap partner.  Toys are fiddly, a lot of work, and require focus.  But the end result is worth it.  This is the bunny for the Itty Bitty Toys book.  The Itty Bitty group is working their way through the book with monthly KAL's.  I'm a few months behind but there's no pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment